The goal of this blog and my "November Project" (instead of, say, a nano) is to find ways to streamline Linux and write about them here.
Some things I'm planning to do this month:
- Development of an OpenWRT image for fully isolated benchmarking.
- Documenting use of oprofile, ltrace, strace, and CPU performance counters to find areas of improvement.
- System call usage optimization (repeated attempts to open() files in non-existent directories, etc)
- Memory allocation optimizations (reduce #'s of mallocs and frees needed)
- Generally finding new bottlenecks and removing them.
Hopefully this'll be good for everybody. :)